26 Apr Dancing Rabbit Senior Series
2021 Dancing Rabbit Senior Series
We have another exciting year planned for the Senior Series at Dancing Rabbit Golf Club! The entry fee for each event will be $50 – optional cash skins game buy in is $10. All handicaps must be verified by DRGC and will be adjusted. The format of play will be individual net stroke play Gift Certificate prizes will be based on the # of golfers in the over-all net pot and low gross score winner! You must sign up with Mr. Alan John at email@example.com or text him at 601-504-3568. It is mandatory Alan has an email address and cell number for each player. Fee includes 18-hole fee, shared cart, range balls before play and prizes.
DRGC Senior Handicaps are adjusted after each Senior Series Golf Event
****All new Senior Series players will have an adjusted handicap for the first event they play in****
If you place in an event – your handicap will go down; if you do not place (win) your handicap may go up!!
All golfers who play in a minimum of 12 Senior Series events will have their entry fee waived for the Championship!
- Play will be individual stroke play, with a double bogey maximum each hole
- Preferred lies will be played everywhere on the hole being played. Lie may be improved one club length, no closer to the hole, ball is in play when swing is made, the lie of the golf ball may not be improved out of the area it is in!
- Golf ball lost in thick woods or brush, may be played as PENALTY AREA – 1 shot penalty – drop and keep play moving!
- Putter will be marked for “gimmies” – 14 club rule is waived – New Rules of Golf changes (flagstick) in effect!
- Slow play will not be tolerated – 3 minutes to look for golf balls!! Just take a drop or pick up! Don’t hold up play!
Tee box adjustments will be played as follows:
Male golfers 50 years of age to 59 years of age on 12/31/2020 – white rabbit tee markers
Male golfers 60 years of age to 69 years of age on 12/31/2020 – silver rabbit tee markers
Male golfers 70 years of age to 74 years of age on 12/31/2020– red rabbit tee markers
Male golfers 75 years of age or older on 12/31/2020 – orange forward tee markers
Lady golfers 50 years of age to 59 years of age on 12/31/2020 – red rabbit tee markers
Lady golfers 60 years of age or older on 12/31/2020 – orange forward tee markers
No matter what tee box you play from – you cannot change tee boxes during the 2020 Series
to handicap you properly for the 2020 Senior Series Season and Championship!
White Rabbit Tee Markers – average drive length 225 yards – 6200 yards total
Silver Rabbit Tee Markers – average drive length 200 yards – 5600 yards total
Red Rabbit Tee Markers – average drive length 175 yards – 5000 yards total
Orange Markers – average drive length 150 yards – 4400 yards total
Golfers must follow all DRGC rules which include:
- Proper golf attire worn at all times – men’s polo style shirt with collar, no tee shirts, no jeans, no denim and shorts worn at proper length for men and ladies. Anything you buy in the golf shop can be worn, used or hit on course!
- No personal coolers allowed – all food and beverage must be purchased thru the restaurant or beverage cart
Draft beer specials & munchies will be offered after play in the DR restaurant!
- Coolers and ice – will be available before play – Ice & water dispensers are on the golf course at Comfort Stations
- Cart Assignment – carts will be set up before play begins in the stage area – foursome maximum – golfers may be moved or paired up before play to ensure everyone has a group and hole to start on – get here early if you have a foursome!
- Golf Cart Rules – must be followed properly each event day – no flags issued – a generous 90 degree rule will be followed on most event days, though some holes may be cart path/rough only if they are too wet for cart traffic. DO NOT PARK CART NEAR ANY TEE BOX OR GREEN!!!
Tentative dates for Senior Series Events – Please call to verify each date & time when you sign up!
April 1, Oaks, 8:00AM-Noon
April 15, Oaks, 8:00AM-Noon
April 29, Oaks, 8:00AM-Noon
May 13, Oaks, 8:00AM-Noon
May 27, Oaks, 8:00AM-Noon
June 3, Oaks, 8:00AM-Noon
June 17, Oaks, 8:00AM-Noon
June 24, Oaks, 8:00AM-Noon
July 1, Oaks, 8:00AM-Noon
July 8, Oaks, 8:00AM-Noon
July 22, Oaks, 8:00AM-Noon
August 5, Oaks,8:00AM-Noon
August 12, Oaks, 8:00AM-Noon
August 26, Oaks, 8:00AM-Noon
September 9, Oaks 8:00AM-Noon
September 16, Oaks, 8:00AM-Noon
Senior Series Championship Tournament – Thursday, September 23, Oaks, 8:00AM-Noon